Friday, September 14, 2007

About Laura

I'd love to share my story with you...

My name is Laura Wallace and I am an entrepreneur in the graphic design business. This is how I got here...

I was born and raised in South-Central Pennsylvania. After graduating high school in 2002, I chose to start my college career right away. I attended Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts in York, PA for two years, where I earned my Associates Degree in Graphic Design. From there, I earned a position at the EZ To Use Big Book, a local telephone directory. My duties included creating new and revising existing yellow pages advertising, generate marketing materials and managing the production department. While working at the book, I decided to go back to school to earn my Bachelors Degree. I have been attending the Art Institute Online for the last two and a half years. I will complete my degree September 22, only a few short days away! During all of this, I have done freelance work for an amazing life and business coach since 2002.

After three years in the yellow pages industry, I decided to venture out on my own. I knew the opportunities were out there I just had to go get them. I opened the internet doors to Worx Graphic Design July 1, 2007. Although it seemed risky, it was the right thing to do. Mainly internet based, I have gained contact with many successful coaches and business owners across the country. I've also been able to expand my local market by joining referral groups and making contacts with other business owners. 

A few interesting personal facts about me... I have been happily married for four years and we are expecting our first child in October of this year. My favorite artist is Wassily Kandinsky, I love to sit up late at night and paint, my favorite food is Boardwalk Fries and getting on a good roller-coaster is one of my favorite past times. 

What else can I say, I am passionate about what I do. I look forward to meeting you and creating something great for your business!

No comments: