Thursday, April 10, 2014

Front Row Seat to My Personality



Lately there have been several blockbuster hits that I want to watch again and before the DVD comes out. You know that phrase, “I’d pay to….” Yes, definitely appropriate, because I’d pay to watch them again. Locally, it’s only $7.50+tax and cost of boxed and popped treats, so why not?

It’s been days since having sat beside other enthralled movie buffs, with buttery popped corn sliding through my hands and a too quickly diminishing bag of candy: yet, the movies are still on and in my mind. I can almost replay the film scores, the facial expressions of the actors as they portray different emotions. They’re so captivating that I kind of want to watch them live their lives, rather than live mine. Or at least live mine more adventurously, more vivaciously. And it wouldn’t hurt if I could fly, too.

So since I can’t fly, is there anything in my life worth people feeling drawn to, that makes them wish they return and relive the goodness? After meeting me for the first time, would people want to come back, sit near me, get a front row seat to my personality?

Would they talk positively of me to their friends?  Would they want to invite them to meet me? Eat dinner with me? Am I worth their time? By a show of human friends, virtual friends, re-tweets and likes, how many are standing in line to hang out around us?

Here are a few ways you can guarantee people will come back for some more:

Be relatable: If you have nothing interesting or topical to talk about, what’s in it for them? Why watch a movie no one likes? You’re likable. Own it, oaky

Be brilliantly bright: We’ve heard of silent movies, black and white movies, but, never movies featuring a solidly blank screen. Liven up their lives with a big bucktooth smile!

Be hospitable: Give them a VIP seat and serve them some food If our fingers are busy shoving food in our mouths, it’s easier to relax and be involved in the moment and the way to a guy’s and girl’s heart is through the stomach,

Be original: You can do the same thing over and over again (if I go back to see that movie I don’t expect it to be a second edition) but reveal your personality in a way that that no-one else can offer.

Be humorous: No matter how tragic a movie is, if there is just one moment of an interactive smile, we’re all over that film like bark on a tree. It’s one thing to make someone cry, but if you reverse the psychology and make them laugh, that’s a definite win/win.


And lastly, if there is any possible way you can implement special effects, that is always a major attraction. Be safe, but go big or go home, right?

Well friends, thanks for hanging out with me in the front row. That’s all for my free, unsolicited advice. If you come back next week, I’ll know I have a little cinematic, theatrical star quality!


No comments: