Thursday, August 14, 2014

You will SEE it when you BELIEVE it.


Recently I embarked on a journey unlike any other. For my 33rd birthday I wanted to hike from Greenbrier to Harpers Ferry, crossing it off my bucket list. Thirteen hours and twenty-six miles later, my husband and I finally reached our destination. After a certain point, overcoming the pain and fatigue are more of a mental exercise than a physical one.

Many things that used to be challenging seem to get easier with time – but it isn’t easier; persistence pays off, and you get better. Every day you chip away at your trials is another day closer to reaching your goals. This is a truth that applies to many things in life. Whether you are building a brand and capturing an audience or training for a marathon, you have to take it one step at a time. Things that seem difficult now will be your warm-up down the road. I always remember a tough situation that I got through and remind myself that if I could do that, then I can do this.

A cliché quote comes to mind: when the going gets tough, the tough keep going. Clichés become that way because there is a grain of truth to them. If you can’t stop thinking about a dream, you should be living it – even if the ride is a little bumpy. Get up, brush off the mud and keep on keeping on.


You will SEE it when you BELIEVE it.


No comments: